Monday, January 23, 2012

Day Twenty three:

First, I hope that everyone is safe after last night's round of crazy storms here in Tennessee.  I had trouble sleeping through all of the insane booming and flashing.  Finally, around 1:30 AM, the biggest clap of thunder I've ever heard woke me up good enough that I headed to the living room to look for some weather.  Meredith was already up and watching diligently.  Needless to say, I think I'll be going to bed pretty early tonight.

I started out today trying something a bit different.  I found it on Pintrest a while back, but I did not pin it at the time.  I thought I could make it work though...I was wrong.
The eggs and cantaloupe are not what I'm talking about. The "smoothie" was the bad stuff.  I heard if you throw a handful of spinach into a fruit smoothie you can't even taste it.  This is false.  Well, maybe not if you do it correctly, but I figured out this morning that I don't even know how to make a plain ole smoothie.  Our blender was broken-it started squirting juice out everywhere-and we didn't have any yogurt to put in it.  I'm going to try again when I get a few necessary ingredients.

Lunch was so good.
This was my first go at a "Black Bean Patty" sandwich at Which Wich (my favorite sandwich place in downtown).  It was so yummy!  I have never had a black bean burger or anything, so I was intrested to try a form of black bean meat alternative.  If they are all as good as this...I am sold!  Which Wich is awesome.  They have a few different vegetarian options.  I'm excited to try all of them!


Meredith spoiled me yet again for dinner!
Eggplant Parmesan with a tasty side salad.  I don't know how she did it...I was working on some laundry...I just know it was delicious!
She also whipped up some homemade mango ice cream in our food processor somehow.  She is the kitchen Queen and my belly is fat and happy to have her!

No comments:

Post a Comment