Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day Eleven:

Meredith started us out with a delicious breakfast this morning!
She whipped up some baked eggs, which I had never had before.  It was a little like a quiche.  Eggs, cream, mushrooms, spinach, and cheese mixed all together and baked in a water bath made my morning good.
For lunch I walked down to Panera.  I hadn't been in a while and was a little overwhelmed with all of their choices.  After a few minuets of starring aimlessly at the menu board, one of the cashiers asked, "Can I help you?"  She said it in that "I know you are completely lost here" tone. So, I walked up and asked if they had any specifically meat-less options.  She was very helpful and this is what I ended up deciding on. 
The sandwich is called the Mediterranean veggie.  It has feta cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cilantro Jalapeño hummus all on Tomato Basil bread.  It was really good!  The salad is just a normal Cesar salad.  It was a really good and the big hill that I had to walk down and back up might help a little too.

It was my turn to cover dinner tonight! I decided to try and make ratatouille.  This is what mine looked like...
 Not exactly as beautiful as Remy's from the movie, but it tasted really good.  Instead of using eggplant, since we didn't have any, I used mushrooms.  In case you hadn't figured it out yet, I absolutely love mushrooms!  I sauteed up some sliced mushrooms, zucchini, and squash while (in a different skillet) sauteing some onions and garlic.  I pureed some fresh tomatoes and threw them into the onion/garlic mixture.  Then I layered it all up, baked it for a while, grated some cheese over the top, and viola!
Just like lasagna, Ratatouille doesn't plate very well!!
Our cat, Nyon was being ridiculously cute after dinner...see...

And for my last trick....I am going to saw this cat in half :D
Cheers! Happy Winds-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment