Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day Seventeen:

This morning started out on the right track! (Finally!) I woke up in time to whip up some scrambled eggs and sauteed mushrooms.
The muffin is left over from Sunday dinner with Meredith's grandmother.  It has broccoli mixed in...delicious!

Lunch was a little bit of an ordeal today.  I went to Deli Dave's, a deli in the Arcade.  They have really good baked potatoes, but they tend to run out early.  So, I was rather surprised to see a sign to the effect of, "we still have potatoes!" at 1:30 today.  A little further down the line, however, there was another sign that read, "Sorry, we are out of potatoes."  You can see my confusion.  I asked the cashier whether or not they had potatoes.  She said no...so I told her about the double signage.  She looked really confused...and never (the whole time I was eating) took either sign down.  I also got a bit of grief about ordering a salad that they had to make-they usually have quite a few pre-made.  Ultimately, my lunch was good.
I just had a bit of trouble getting it.

Dinner wins!  Even Nyon waited patiently for this culinary delight...
Meredith hand made ravioli.  Yea, she's pretty awesome!  She made cheesy spinach ravioli with a homemade vodka tomato sauce.
She also tried these egg yolk ravioli!
I know it sounds weird...an egg yolk in a ravioli pocket salted and peppered with olive oil drizzled over top...but it was so good.  All of it was!  Here is a oozy picture just in case you are wondering about the innards.
: D : D : D

I think I have figured out my Starbucks dilemma from a couple days ago.  There is a Starbucks in the building right across the street from me...and it is a weakness of mine.  I got the same drink as last time (Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate) today after lunch.  I just got a smaller size.  I was hit with just the right amount of tastiness with no tummy upsets!

No comments:

Post a Comment