Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day Five:

This morning started out rather well...I woke up to a delicious breakfast ready and waiting for me.
Meredith made this wonderful breakfast for me!  Also, a side note, the awesome Mr. Tea cup was a Christmas present from my sister, Jenny. It's my favorite.

For lunch, Meredith and I went to our favorite Chinese place in Downtown, Oriental Lunch (in the Arcade).
As you can see...instead of my regular-fried rice with chicken and broccoli with a meat eggroll-I ordered rice with vegetable and a veggie spring roll. This earned me some weird looks for the cooks...and even a question about why I didn't get my usual.  It was so yummy, but this afternoon my belly was not very happy.  A lot of my issues center around (I hate to say it...) gas.  My stomach swells up and starts making strange noises...but the gas just sits in my belly and makes me miserable.  About an hour after lunch today I felt like I had swallowed a hot air balloon...and my stomach sounded like an orca whale (think Free Willie as he is jumping over that final barrier). When this happens...you can imagine how supremely embarrassing it is!  The embarassment factor is what led me to try this experiement-I've been training the same guy for about a month and I cannot tell you how many times I have apologized for my stomach!

For dinner I was kinda bad.  I had Taco Bell-a bean burrito and a nachos bell grande (minus meat).

After my bad lunch experience today I am beginning to wonder if rice (grains) is a big part of my problem too.  I think that will be the next thing to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment