Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Easy like Sunday morning:

It was a huge decision to hold off on grad school-possibly for good-but I feel good about it. All the papers are written, projects are all turned in, final grades are posted...the semester is officially done! Farewell, Shakespeare. See ya later, Chaucer. Adieu, courtly love! Even though this was a tough/scary decision to make...it feels like (corny cliche alert) a weight has been lifted. It is corny, but oh so true! I feel good.







Not quite as good as this guy, but close.  I may regret it later-like when next semester starts and I know that I could be taking 21st Century Lit instead of whatever lame thing I end up doing...hopefully it will not come down to that though.







On a slightly weirder note, this past week was supposed to have been the rapture.  I am still here.  I still have not heard of one person being called up, so either it didn't happen, or there are a lot less righteous people than we all originally thought... My dad is still here on earth, so we must be ok for now.  I will quickly catch you up if you don't know my dad.  He is a very conservative Church of Christ preacher who spends every waking moment either talking about or studying about Jesus/God.  Even if you do not believe anything at all you have to give my dad props for knowing so much about his chosen field.  I can remember watching shows with my dad when I was a kid of people predicting the end of the world.  He would always get really flustered and shout, "Well, we will be ok on that day!!  If someone suspects that Jesus is coming we are safe!!" I am not entirely sure that the whole "He will come like a thief in the night" passage works quite like that, but...whatever floats your boat!

Sorry, I got a little side tracked...that last paragraph was supposed to be chronicling my homeless palm-reading experience (which would make daddy so proud!).  Friday morning I went out to fifth for a break.  My buddy, Krissy was already out there...and talking to a rough-looking guy.  We exchanged pleasantries and I went about my business-Krissy was talking to the guy. Blah, blah, blah.  Eventually, the guy said that he would read our palms if we didn't have any problem with it.  I thought it would be interesting...so I gave him my right hand.

So, this gypsy guy-who, let me say, smells like a walrus-takes my hand and begins to "read my palm." He told me that I would live to at least 75, that I am smart, intuitive, open minded, that I have a tight family, a good lover, a good listener, etc, etc, then he gave me his email address...so he could get to know me :/ This was, as I have said, an interesting experience, but I do not put any stock in it.  Any smelly guy on the street can tell a girl what she wants to hear.  Needless to say, I will not be contacting this guy.



So...I feel good even though the world was supposed to end this week because Imma live until I am 75!

No comments:

Post a Comment